Saturday, June 13, 2009

Trying to Lighten Things Up

My sweet and precious little has been having struggles with rectal bleeding since potty training back in September. The pediatrician finally allowed us to get a referral to see a gastroenterologist this week. The gastroenterologist believes all is well but would like to do a colonoscopy on my sweet girl to be sure. It absolutely breaks my heart to see her go through this and I dread the day of the prep as well as the day of the procedure. She had two especially concerning bleeds this week and the pediatrician said if it happened a third time in 24-48 hours, she wanted to admit her to the hospital and just get all the testing done in a more timely manner. I was telling Gabriella and Chase about it and Chase asked me why she would need to go to the hospital.

"So we can get to the bottom of this situation, Chase" I told him.

Chase's response, "Literally!".

I love that boy ;)

No comments: