This week's Homeschool Memoirs theme is Homeschool Agendas. I find it fascinating to learn about what other people are using to homeschool their children. Maybe it is just my curiositity, my father wrongly claims it is called being nosey, call it what you will, but I love finding out about curriculum!
Right now, I am using lots of different stuff for the kids;
- Sonlight 2-Intro to World History for Reading and History for both kids (advanced readers for G and regular for C)
- Wordly Wise 2nd Edition Book (book 5 for G and Book 2 for C)
- A Reason for Spelling (Level E for G and Level B for C)
- SOS math (Gabriella)
- Abeka arithmetic (Chase)
- Explode the Code (Chase)
- Handwriting without Tears (Chase)
- First Language Lessons (Chase)
- Grammar Ace and Schoolhouse Rock (supposed to be for G, but Chase, and Ava especially, love Schoolhouse Rock!)
My favorite item that we are using so far is a book that is used with Sonlight called Windows on the World.
Windows on the World is a beautiful book that contains information about featured countries and the people that live there. The neatest thing about Windows is that each 2 page layout of the specific area lists things that we can thank God for that are occurring in those places and it also lists what we can pray about. I can't stop looking at this book myself!
The Bible verse that keeps coming up to me through some tough times lately is Pslam 30:11
"You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing.You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, "