Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Dog Ate My Homework!


Really! We got a puppy dog on Saturday, March 1st. Jessica had gone to the Humane Society on Thursday late and called me quite excited. Turns out, a breeder could not sell one of her puppies and decided she could no longer care for her. SHe is a full bred standard poodle and is cream colored. She is 4 months old and is as sweet as can be, albeit a bit mischevious though! She was underweight and we suspect she may have been abused. Whenever we raised our hands around her at all, she would cower down and move away. It is terribly sad that she was mistreated and just dropped off at the Humane Society. It made me really said everytime I thought about it, but my heart kept reminding me that she was meant to be for us.

We named her Madison and we call her Maddie for short sometimes. I printed off a test for school and she actually tried to eat it! I never really thought I could actually use that excuse, lol!

It has been somewhat bittersweet as I really miss my Abbie girl. I am glad that we can give this new sweet girl a great family that really cares about her. She is currently sitting to me eating Chase's sneakers...I think we have our work cut out for us :)

No comments: