Saturday, August 9, 2008

Teaching at Co-op

Chase belongs to a group called the Seminole Learning Community. It is a group of families who homeschool their children. They go on field trips and have co-op classes etc. I don't just want to be a user of the system and have been considering teaching a class. The problem is, I don't like to teach. I enjoy teaching my children and all, of course, but I really don't like having to talk in front of a room of people, even if they are little people ;) I was taking a gander around the Internet trying to find something that would be fun to teach. Since hurricane season is beginning to heat up, I thought the kids might enjoy learning about them. I don't want to get too technical as I will definitely lose the majority of the kids who are part of SLC as I am sure none of them are desiring to be hurricane experts at this time in their lives ;) I found this book and thought it might be fun to use.





I also found a little lesson plan on homeschoolshare.com that gives you different ideas to teach the material and some ideas for a lapbook. Now, I just have to work up the nerve to actually do this ;)

No comments: